MISSION SAN LUIS REY - Animated 2 Images
4 x 6 inches
In clear protective sleeve
Founded by Padre Lasuén in 1798, Mission San Luis Rey was the 18th and largest of the 21 Spanish Franciscan missions of Alta California. Called the "King of the Missions" it consisted of thousands of indigenous Luiseño people and nearby a million acres of land. The current church, built in 1815, is shown in here in a black and white image from the late 19th century and in a current color photo. Today the mission complex functions as a parish church as well as a museum and retreat center.
Move card back and forth to see the animation.
The back of this card contains lines for mailing